Compute mean and variance of the geometric distribution.
- p is the rate parameter of the geometric distribution. The elements of p must be probabilities
- m is the mean of the geometric distribution
- v is the variance of the geometric distributionp = 1 ./ (1:6); [m, v] = geostat (p)
- Wendy L. Martinez and Angel R. Martinez. Computational Statistics Handbook with MATLAB. Appendix E, pages 547-557, Chapman & Hall/CRC, 2001.
- Athanasios Papoulis. Probability, Random Variables, and Stochastic Processes. McGraw-Hill, New York, second edition, 1984.