Compute mean and variance of the normal distribution.
m and s must be of common size or one of them must be scalar
- m is the mean of the normal distribution
- s is the standard deviation of the normal distribution. s must be positive
- mn is the mean of the normal distribution
- v is the variance of the normal distributionm = 1:6; s = 0:0.2:1; [mn, v] = normstat (m, s) [mn, v] = normstat (0, s)
- Wendy L. Martinez and Angel R. Martinez. Computational Statistics Handbook with MATLAB. Appendix E, pages 547-557, Chapman & Hall/CRC, 2001.
- Athanasios Papoulis. Probability, Random Variables, and Stochastic Processes. McGraw-Hill, New York, second edition, 1984.